Orford Music Academy Orchestra
Minimum age: 18
Starting by an intensive session of three weeks, the orchestra workshop includes at least three concerts in the prestigious Orford Music Festival, the occasion to work with three renowned conductors, to be coached by experienced teachers and to play a diversified repertoire.
The second part of the workshop will be a one week-long tour in South Korea. It will include a concert at Busan, second city in importance in the country, where impresarios will be there to recrut young talents for professional orchestras.
This challenging workshop is an outstanding occasion to live an international tour, to deepen your instrument technic, to discover new works and to forge new relations among different cultural communities.
- Click on this link to access the requested orchestra excerpts: orchestral excerpts (N.B. no orchestra excerpts requested for violin, cello, bass and viola, just two contrasting pieces)
Brahms, Tragic Overture, op. 81
Chopin, Piano Concerto no. 2 in F Minor, op. 21
Beethoven, Symphony no 5 in C Minor, op. 67
Wagner, Tannhäuser, WWV 70 (Overture)
Tchaikovsky, Violin Concerto, op. 35
Shostakovich, Symphony no 11, op. 103
Bertrand, La maison est ouverte pour récitant, solo tenor saxophone and orchestra
Valtulini, Symphony no. 2 in A-flat Major, A.V. 36, “The Force of Truth” and other compositions
- (N.B. the repertoire can change without notice.)
- 3 weeks at Orford from July 24 to August 13, 2016.
- Rehearsal weekend from August 19 to 21, 2016.
- Rehearsal weekend from August 25 to 27, 2016.
- Departure to South Korea on August 28, 2016.
- Return from South Korea on September 5, 2016.
FREE / 3 WEEKS OF WORKSHOP ON SITE AND 1 WEEK ON TOUR IN SOUTH KOREA
If you add one master class or more:
The fee for a one-week stay is $995.
The fee for a two-week stay is $945 per week.
A stay of three weeks or more will cost $895 per week.
April 14th, 2016
Register for this workshop before April 14th, 2016. For more information, contact the admissions office.
- Click on this link to access the requested orchestra excerpts: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z6dynu3erq5e0ow/AABs3lP4FMUpzFd_m7RCOjHra?dl=0