Meet Richard Sagala, Orford Music’s new sommelier !
Orford Music is proud to announce the appointment of Mr Richard Sagala, sommelier, who will be responsible for creating and managing Orford Music’s new wine cellar. President of the Accredited Sommelier Association of Canada, Richard Sagala is also a Vinitaly VIA Ambassador. Richard holds ten different diplomas and certifications in wine-related fields, including a Wine MBA from the Kedge Business School (Bordeaux).
The first certified butler in Québec, Richard founded the International Montreal Butler Academy in 2016, which he manages in addition to École In Vino Veritas, a wine trade and business school he founded in 2012. École In Vino Veritas is the only private centre in Quebec to be accredited by the British Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) and is the only fully bilingual wine business school in Canada to include a focus on research . Over the past few years, École In Vino Veritas has participated in a number of research conferences, including:
- AAWE (American Association of Wine Economists) 2016 Bordeaux conference
- Wine 2 Wine business seminar 2015 Verona conference
- EuAWE (European Association of Wine Economists) 2014 Lyon conference
- AWBR (Academy of Wine Business Research) 2014 Geisenheim conference
- AWBR (Academy of Wine Business Research) 2013 Brock University conference, Ontario
- AAWE (American Association of Wine Economists) 2013 Stellenbosch conference
Richard is a proud graduate of Orford Music. He attended three of our summer academies, studying guitar under Alexandre Lagoya.