By popular demand, this unique workshop is back!
Whether to accompany your fellow instrumentalists and singers or playing for choirs, ballet classes or even to replace the entire orchestra during opera rehearsals, pianists are in demand in many fields, which requires a great deal of versatility.
This workshop is designed to equip you for the various situations that collaborative pianists face. Here are some of the topics that will be covered during the workshop:
- Orchestral reduction
- Figured Bass and Recitative
- Play and sing simultaneously
Workshops include the following:
- 2.5 hours of one-on-one lessons per week
- Group activity (master class, Q&A session, technique classes)
- The option to participate in one or more student concerts
- Access to a collaborative pianist
- Networking activities with fellow musicians
- Access to conferences presented by musicians and guests from various backgrounds on topics related to a musician’s career such as technique, finances, psychology, physical fitness, and more
- Accommodation in one of our two artist residences
- Three meals a day, as well as full access to the kitchen and common areas
- Practice studios equipped with pianos (available 6AM-11PM)
- Housekeeping, laundry (for a fee), parking, and free WiFi (free)
- Free tickets to live performances in the Gilles-Lefebvre Concert Hall (subject to availability)
- The opportunity to explore the beautiful Mont-Orford National Park
Please note that all Covid-19 regulations set forth by the Gouvernement du Québec will be rigorously followed.