Study with Christos Hatzis & Samy Moussa!
Designed for young composers at the beginning of their careers, this unique, two-week course will be divided into two parts, theoretical and practical, and will focus on writing for solo instruments or small ensembles. Students will compose works for various instruments (assigned upon admission to the workshop).
Types of activities:
- Composition presentation
- Individual lessons
- Master classes
- Rehearsals and sessions with the Contemporary Music Workshop
- Concert (online or in-person)
- Creation and career development
- Demonstration of contemporary techniques on different instruments
Participants will also work closely with Véronique Lacroix, director of the Contemporary Music Workshop.
All works created during this course will be performed and recorded.
Virtual & In-Person Academy
- 2.5 hours of individual instruction per week
- 1 group activity (master class, Q&A, technique class)
- 1+ student concerts per week
- Access to a collaborative pianist
- Networking with fellow musicians
- Access to lectures presented by both music and non-music professionals on various subjects pertaining to a musician’s career, such as technique, finance, psychology, fitness, etc.
In addition to the items listed above, you will have access to:
- Accommodation in one of our 2 artist residences
- Three meals per day and access to a kitchen and common areas
- Practice studios equipped with pianos (available 6AM-11PM)
- Housekeeping, laundry (fee), parking, and free WiFi
- Complimentary tickets to live performances at the Gilles-Lefebvre Concert Hall, subject to availability
- The opportunity to explore the heart of beautiful Mont-Orford National Park
Please note that all Covid-19 regulations set forth by the Gouvernement du Québec will be rigorously followed.