Study with Véronique Lacroix & collaborate with the Orford Music Composers in Residence!
Musicians in the Contemporary Music Workshop will play an active role in the creation of new works, in collaboration with the Composition Workshop and the Orford Music Composers in Residence.
Participants will learn contemporary interpretation techniques related to their instruments while improving their ability to read and execute complex rhythms. Students will work on newly composed pieces by the composers of the Composition Workshop as well as pieces from the existing contemporary repertoire. Most of the pieces learned during the workshop will be presented in concert.
All the works written in the summer of 2022 will be written for solo instruments or small ensembles of varied instrumentation, depending on the instruments played by participants in the Contemporary Music Workshop. The newly-written scores will be distributed one month before the workshop to allow adequate time for the preparation of individual parts.
All voice and instrument types may apply. Applicants are not required to be a member of an established ensemble.
Virtual & In-Person Academy
- 2.5 hours of individual instruction per week
- 1 group activity (master class, Q&A, technique class)
- 1+ student concerts per week
- Access to a collaborative pianist
- Networking with fellow musicians
- Access to lectures presented by both music and non-music professionals on various subjects pertaining to a musician’s career, such as technique, finance, psychology, fitness, etc.
In addition to the items listed above, you will have access to:
- Accommodation in one of our 2 artist residences
- Three meals per day and access to a kitchen and common areas
- Practice studios equipped with pianos (available 6AM-11PM)
- Housekeeping, laundry (fee), parking, and free WiFi
- Complimentary tickets to live performances at the Gilles-Lefebvre Concert Hall, subject to availability
- The opportunity to explore the heart of beautiful Mont-Orford National Park
Please note that all Covid-19 regulations set forth by the Gouvernement du Québec will be rigorously followed.