Theodore Baskin has been principal oboe of the Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal since 1980. Heard on over 80 recordings with the OSM, he has been featured soloist on several tours in Canada, United States, Argentina and Japan, in Carnegie Hall and Teatro Colón among other venues. Mr. Baskin performed two new works commissioned by the OSM: “Concerto pour hautbois” by André Prévost in 1994 and “Hautbois Concertant” by José Evangelista in 2012 during the opening season of the new concert hall, Maison Symphonique. READ MORE
Virtual & In-Person Academy
- 2.5 hours of individual instruction per week
- 1 group activity (master class, Q&A, technique class)
- 1+ student concerts per week
- Access to a collaborative pianist
- Networking with fellow musicians
- Access to lectures presented by both music and non-music professionals on various subjects pertaining to a musician’s career, such as technique, finance, psychology, fitness, etc.
In addition to the items listed above, you will have access to:
- Accommodation in one of our 2 artist residences
- Three meals per day and access to a kitchen and common areas
- Practice studios equipped with pianos (available 6AM-11PM)
- Housekeeping, laundry (fee), parking, and free WiFi
- Complimentary tickets to live performances at the Gilles-Lefebvre Concert Hall, subject to availability
- The opportunity to explore the heart of beautiful Mont-Orford National Park
Please note that all Covid-19 regulations set forth by the Gouvernement du Québec will be rigorously followed.