• Bistro Rondo
  • Jobs
  • Contact Us
  • News
    • Transport

      We’re thrilled to welcome students and professors back on campus for this summer’s edition of the Academy. However, please note that certain classes will only be offered online, these include (Louise Pellerin (oboe), Marina Piccinini (flute), Borislava Iltcheva (violin) and Mauricio Fuks (violin).

      The 2022 Orford Music Academy will take place from June 5th to August 13th.

    • Getting to Orford 

      Prices listed are in Canadian dollars and are subject to change.  

      By Plane & Airport Shuttle 
      You can schedule a shuttle from the Pierre-Elliot Trudeau International Airport (YUL) to Orford Music with a company called Aeroshuttle {link to https://aeronavette.ca}.  

      One-way: approximately $110+tax/person
      Roundtrip: approximately $150+tax/person 


      By Plane & Bus  

      After arriving at Pierre-Elliot Trudeau International Airport (YUL) by plane, take the 747 express bus {link to https://www.stm.info/en/info/networks/bus/shuttle/747-yul-montreal-trudeau-airport-downtown-shuttle}, to the Central Bus Station in downtown Montreal. 

      One-way: approximately $10/person 


      From the Central Bus Station {link to https://www.gamtl.com}, take the bus (1-866-692-8899) to Magog city by selecting the arrival station Magog Couche-Tard Exit 115.


      Student: approximately $60 (roundtrip)
      Adult: approximately $70 (roundtrip) 


      Once in Magog, you can take a taxi to Orford Music, which is located about 8km from Magog’s bus station.  

      Taxi Gendron: 819-868-4440  

      Taxi Magog-Orford: 819-843-3377

      One-way: approximately $15  


      By Car  

      To use a GPS, click here {link to https://goo.gl/maps/azrCFAi7vS1hLToM9}.  


      From Montreal 
      Take the Samuel-de-Champlain Bridge onto Eastern Townships Highway A-10 East (Autoroute des Cantons-de-l’Est) and get off at Exit 118 (Magog-Orford). Take Route 141 through Orford and Mount-Orford Provincial Park and follow the indications to Orford Music.  


      From the United-States (Vermont) 

      Take the I-91 North towards Canada. After crossing the border, the I-91 North becomes Highway 55 North. Get off at Exit 34 to take the Eastern Townships A-10 West (Autoroute des Cantons-de-l’Est) to Exit 118 (Magog-Orford). Turn right and take Route 141 through the town of Orford and the Mount-Orford Provincial Park, following the indications to Orford Music.  



      Visit the Orford Music Academy Carpooling page on Facebook {link to https://www.facebook.com/groups/497234830406692/} to explore the option of sharing a ride with other students. 

      You can also use Kangaride {link to https://www.kangaride.com/}, a ridesharing platform that puts drivers and passengers in contact for medium- and long-distance car trips.  


      Carbon Offsets  

      Whether you come to Orford by motorcycle, boat, car, or plane, you can opt to offset your carbon emission footprint by visiting PlanetAir {link to https://planetair.ca/en/}. If you choose this option, please let us know!  


      Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA)  

      Visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to Canada need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travelers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens and Canadian permanent residents, cannot apply for an eTA.   

      Most applications are approved within minutes of applying. Click here {link to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp} to apply for an eTA. We recommend applying before buying your flight ticket. 

      Cost: $7 


      Please note that these requirements are subject to change due to Covid-19 restrictions. 



      Click here {link to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/entry-requirements-country.html} to find out whether you will need a visa to enter Canada. If required, Orford Music staff will provide a letter that will help you in the process of obtaining a visa. You must email admissions@orford.mu to request a letter.  


      Please note that a study permit is not required to enter Canada for the Orford Music Academy.


      Medical & Travel Insurance  

      It is the responsibility of the student to obtain appropriate travel insurance for their stay.  



      Regardless of your mode of transportation, a passport is always required to enter Canada.