By browsing our website or using our systems or services, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this policy and consent to the processing of your data and personal information in accordance with it, as applicable.
- Effective date
- Consent collection methods
- Data collection purposes
- Data processing purposes
- Personal information collected
- Processing methods used
- Access and control of personal information
- Sharing of personal information with third parties and reasons for sharing
- Retention of personal information
Respecting privacy and protecting personal information is essential to us. Therefore, through this policy, we aim to protect them in accordance with the applicable laws.
To ensure this protection, Orford Music commits to collect, process, and share information that can identify an individual only when the individual has consented, unless permitted or required by the law, in which case your consent will not be necessary.
The policy’s purpose is to inform users about the reasons and how Orford Music, or anyone acting on its behalf, will collect and use their personal information. It is written in clear language to ensure informed consent from users.
For the purposes of this policy, “personal information” refers to any information about an identifiable person or that can be used to identify a person. To the extent possible, we will anonymize, pseudonymize, and/or aggregate this information so that it no longer identifies a person.
2. Effective Date
This Policy is effective as of September 29, 2023.
3. Methods of Consent Collection
We are committed to obtaining consent before collecting an individual’s personal information.
We prioritize obtaining explicit consent, whether verbally, electronically, or in writing. However, implicit consent may be reasonably inferred from a person’s actions or inaction. For example, providing a name and address to receive a publication or a name and phone number to receive a response to a question is considered implicit consent to collect information containing personal information. To determine the appropriate type of consent, we consider the sensitivity of the personal information involved, the purposes for which they are collected, and the reasonable expectations of a person in a similar situation.
4. Data Collection Purposes
Here are some reasons why we collect your personal information:
- To provide products and services: We will collect and process the necessary data and information to fulfill our mission and contractual obligations.
- To ensure and improve these products and services: Data collected during your interactions with our services may be used to analyze and improve the functioning of our products and services.
- To develop new products and services, including AI: The collected data can be used in research and development to offer new products and services to our users, including through advertisements and marketing messages.
- To offer personalized products and services: Collecting and analyzing data generated by your interactions with our services allows us to develop and create products and services that are relevant to better meet your cultural and entertainment expectations.
- To evaluate the performance of products and services: Data is collected to provide information on the benefits and disadvantages of our products and services to assess and resolve them if necessary, including through surveys. This ensures the quality of our products and services and promotes risk management.
- To protect the privacy of our users: The data collected allows us to verify the identity and protect the privacy of individuals who communicate with us by phone, electronically, or otherwise.
- To meet legal obligations: Data is collected to comply with obligations arising from laws, regulations, or international treaties.
5. Personal Information Collected
Orford Music may collect personal information in various forms but only through lawful means and solely for the necessary purposes disclosed to you, as described in this policy, or as permitted or required by law.
The personal information collected, and its sensitivity may vary depending on the context of interactions between you and Orford Music. Therefore, we must first inform you of the nature of the personal information we use.
We protect all collected personal information. Some of the personal information that may be collected and used includes:
- Name and contact information: First and last name, birth certificate, passport copy, diploma copy, health insurance card, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar data used for communication with you.
- Identity verification: Passwords, password hints, and other similar security information are used to identify you and access your account.
- Demographic data: Information about you such as age, gender, country, and language of communication.
- Payment data: Data required for processing your payments, such as the payment instrument number (e.g., your credit card number) and the associated security code.
- Images and sounds: Audiovisual data is used to ensure the security of our users, especially at cultural events for which we are organizers or hosts.
- Interactions: Data related to your use of websites, platforms, and created tools. These are data you provide to use the products. In other cases, such as error reports, these are data we generate.
Other examples of interaction data we collect include:
- Data about sites visited and usage. For example:
- Payment and account history: Data about items you purchase, and activities associated with your account.
- Problem resolution and help data: Data you provide when you contact Orford Music for assistance, including the products you use and other information that helps us resolve your issue.
- Interests and preferences: Data about your interests and preferences, such as the artists or music styles that interest you, and the types of exhibitions and cultural events you are interested in. In addition to the information you explicitly provide, other data we collect sometimes allows us to determine or guess your interests and preferences.
- Content consumption data: Data about multimedia content (e.g., television, video, music, audio, books, apps, and games) accessed through our products.
- Searches and commands: Search queries and commands you use when using our website.
- Text, input, and handwriting entry data: Text, input, and handwriting entry data, as well as related information.
- Location data: Data, which may be precise or imprecise, about the location of your device. For example, location data may be collected from a device’s IP address or data from your account profile indicating your location with less precision, such as the name of a city or postal code.
- Other data: Other data provided when you use our website, including data from Google Analytics.
- Data about sites visited and usage. For example:
6. Data Processing Purposes:
- Providing our products and services: We use data to operate our products and services, as well as to provide you with rich and interactive experiences. For example, to complete the registration process for the Academy or artist residencies or to offer you concert choices that may interest you.
- Improving products and/or services: We use data to enhance our products, including adding new features or capabilities (e.g., error reporting at the time of ticket purchase or when consulting an online program, etc.).
- Personalization: Some products include personalized features, such as recommendations that optimize your experiences and satisfaction. These features use automated processes to tailor your experiences based on the data we have about you, such as deductions we make about you and your product usage, activities, interests, and location.
- Product and/or service development: We use data to develop new products.
- Customer support: We use data to diagnose and resolve product and/or service-related issues, restore access to your personal account, and provide other support and assistance services.
- Contributing to security and issue resolution: We use data to contribute to the security and resolution of problems in our products and services. This includes using data to ensure the security of services offered to our customers, detect malware and malicious activities, resolve performance and compatibility issues to help customers make the most of their experience, and inform them of product and service updates. This may include using automated systems to detect security issues.
- Security: We use data to protect the security of our products and customers. Our security features can prevent the operation of malicious software and inform users of malware detection on their devices or use video surveillance to ensure public safety at events.
- Surveys and promotional communications: We use the data we collect to provide surveys and promotional communications. You can subscribe to email subscriptions, respond to surveys, and choose whether to receive promotional communications from Orford Music via email, SMS, postal mail, and telephone. For more information on managing your contact details, email subscriptions, and promotional communications, see the Access and Control of Your Personal Information section of this policy.
- Relevant offers: Orford Music uses data to provide you with relevant and important information about the products and services offered. We analyze data from various sources to predict the information that will be most interesting and relevant to you and communicate it to you in various ways. For example, we can predict your interest in shows and offer new activities that may appeal to you.
- Advertising: Orford Music uses data collected through interactions with you and some of our products to advertise our products and services.
- Business transactions: We use data to process your transactions with us. For example, we process payment information to provide product subscriptions to customers and use contact information to provide products purchased in our online stores/ticketing.
- Reporting and business operations: We use data to analyze our operations and improve the decision-making process. This allows us to make informed decisions and create reports on business performance.
- Protection of rights and property: We use data to detect and prevent fraud, resolve disputes, enforce contracts, and protect our property. For example, we use data to confirm the validity of tickets sold to combat fraud. We may use automated processes to detect and prevent activities that violate our rights and those of third parties.
- Legal compliance: We process data to comply with the law. For example, we use our customers’ age to ensure that we comply with our obligations regarding the privacy of children or to ensure that the customer meets the recommended age for the audience. We also process contact information and identifiers to help customers exercise their data protection rights.
7. Processing Methods Used
Orford Music places the utmost importance on the security of your personal information and is committed to processing it in accordance with industry standards, only for the purposes for which it is collected as described in this policy or in a specific notice. However, the absolute safeguarding of this information is impossible given the inherent security limitations of transmission over the Internet. Information transmitted to us is therefore ultimately at the user’s own risk.
8. Access and Control of Personal Information
Orford Music ensures that all personal information in its possession is as accurate, current, and complete as necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
You have the right to request access to your personal information for verification and to request correction if it is inaccurate. If you believe that your personal information is inaccurate or if you wish to access your personal information, you can make a request using the contact information provided at the end of this policy.
To the best of our ability, we will provide you with timely access to your personal information. However, for security reasons, we may need to verify your identity.
There may be circumstances where we cannot provide you with access to your personal information. In particular, when access could lead to the disclosure of another person’s personal information and that person refuses to consent to the disclosure, or when legal restrictions apply. If such a situation arises, we will inform you of the reason why we cannot provide you with access to your personal information.
If your request pertains to data appearing on third-party web pages or platforms, please contact those third parties directly.
9. Sharing and Reasons for Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Orford Music, except for our authorized suppliers and partners who need access to the information for the purposes outlined in this policy and within its limits. We may share information with third parties in the following cases:
- With your consent.
- For storage on cloud servers, in which case personal information may pass through third-party jurisdictions. Note that we only retain the services of reputable companies with privacy policies.
- Data is first prepared and classified for use.
- From the prepared data, the provider creates aggregate statistics that contain general and non-personal information, sometimes combined with data from similar sources. This aggregated data is then used to create global statistics such as source analysis (primarily via postal codes), seasonality analysis, or price analysis (shopping cart type).
- This data is then enriched using two different processes. The first is enrichment by using publicly available third-party data, such as socio-demographic data issued by the Census via postal codes. The second process is called enrichment by inference. For example, when purchasing a ticket at the “under 25” rate, it is inferred that the individual in question is under 25 years old.
- For legal reasons: We transmit personal information outside of our company when access to it is necessary to comply with current laws and regulations.
Orford Music is committed not to sell or rent your personal information to a third party.
10. Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are used, among other things, to retrieve search history and related shopping carts (e.g., ticket purchases) for the current session to facilitate the user’s online browsing experience. It is important to know that enabling the cookies option may, depending on the chosen configuration, allow other servers to install cookies on your system. You can configure your browser settings to inform you of the presence of cookies, giving you the option to accept or reject them.
Please note that our website may contain links or referrals to third-party websites. This policy ceases to apply when leaving our website, and Orford Music is not responsible for the collection or processing of personal information by these third parties or through these external sources.
11. Retention of Personal Information
Orford Music retains the data collected for various periods of time, depending on their nature and their utility in providing our products and services. During the retention period, Orford Music takes physical and technical measures to ensure the security of data containing personal information.
The main locations where personal information is stored are in the cities where Orford Music has offices or facilities and in cities where Microsoft 365 has servers containing data collected by Orford Music.
Personal information may be stored outside the country in which you reside if a third-party provider or another entity to whom we disclose personal information in accordance with this policy is located outside the country. In such cases, personal information may be subject to the local laws of the countries or territories in which the information is collected, used, disclosed, or stored, and government authorities and law enforcement authorities in those countries or territories may have access to it.
Once the retention period has expired, personal information is destroyed. Only statistics or reports containing de-identified and anonymized data may be kept for extended periods.
Changes to these rules:
General and Artistic Director
3165 Chemin du Parc Orford,
Quebec J1X 7A2