Violinist Anne Robert is celebrated for her “sensibility, warm sound, dexterity, and elegant phrasing,” as noted by The Strad Magazine in London. She maintains a vibrant career as a chamber musician and regularly performs in Canada, Europe, and Asia.
Anne Robert held the position of first violinist with the Orchestre symphonique de Montréal for a span of twelve years, demonstrating her exceptional orchestral talents. Additionally, she is a member of the Trio Hochelaga, a chamber ensemble she co-founded in 2000. The trio has graced stages worldwide, presenting over 500 concerts, and notably, in 2003, they had the privilege of premiering the Triple Concerto composed by Canadian musician Jacques Hétu. This remarkable performance was accompanied by the Orchestre symphonique de Montréal.
During your stay at Orford Music, you will create unforgettable memories while evolving into the artist you aspire to be. Orford Music’s master classes are unique opportunities to work on your goals with the mentors of your choice.
The master classes include the following elements:
- Master classes or individual lessons lasting 2.5 hours per week
- Group activities (master class, Q&A sessions, technical lessons)
- Opportunity to perform in student concerts
- Opportunity to perform in paid concerts
- Access to a collaborative pianist
- Networking activities with faculty members and the student community
- Access to conferences on various topics related to a career in music (e.g., mental health, collaboration between artistic disciplines, stage presence development, etc.)
- Accommodation in one of our two residences
- Three meals a day, as well as full access to a kitchen and common areas
- Rehearsal studios equipped with pianos (available from 6AM to 11PM)
- Housekeeping, laundry facilities (for a fee), parking, and free Wi-Fi
- Free tickets to concerts at the Gilles-Lefebvre Hall (subject to availability)
- Opportunity to explore the beautiful landscapes of Mont-Orford National Park, the majestic Lake Memphremagog, and the tourist activities in the city of Magog
Please note that all COVID-19 measures established by the Gouvernement du Québec will be followed.