Are you looking for the perfect place to create, practise or fine-tune your next musical project?
Orford Music’s residencies provide the perfect environment to help you focus on your goals.
Orford Musique is pleased to announce that it has just launched its artist residencies! The two-week programs run from September 20-October 3 or from October 4-17, offering musicians the opportunity to work in a quiet and artistic environment that nurtures their creativity. Solo musicians or ensembles (up to five people) are eligible for this program.
The residencies include:
- Accommodation (single occupancy)
- Three meals per day and access to a kitchen and common areas
- A private practise studio equipped with a piano (available at all times) and a USB mic to record yourself (yourselves)
- Networking with fellow musicians and mentoring by seasoned professionals
- Housekeeping, laundry (fee), parking and free WiFi.
- The possiblity of making a recording in the Gilles Lefebvre Concert Hall
- The possibility of attending live performances
Registration fee is $100 per project.
The cost of a two-week artist residency is $1,755 per person. Canadian citizens (or permanent residents), under the age of 35, can apply for a scholarship, which covers the entire cost! The number of such grants, however, are limited.
Applications have to be submitted prior to July 21, 2020 (by 11:59am) and the audition requirements are laid out below. The selection process is conducted by a jury of fellow musicians. Results are released no later than August 2, 2021. You have five days to confirm your attendance at the sessions that have been allocated to you.
Do you enjoy interacting with the public? Let us know if you are interested in participating in our Rencontres uniques project or in one-hour encounters with elementary and secondary school groups. Musician fees are available for both activities.
- Description of your project
- Your CV (and those of others involved in your project, if applicable)
- Good quality recordings
- References familiar with your project – name(s) and contact details
- Scholarship applications :
- Proof of age (official government documents) of project participants
- Proof of citizenship or permanent residency of project participants
Music is the heart of everything we do
When you choose Orford Music, you are investing in our primary mission : to help talented young musicians become great artists.