Join the Orford Wind Workshop team for two intensive weeks of wind quintet training.
This workshop will have participants work and perform as members of a wind quintet, a double wind quintet (dixtuor), and a section quartet. Four quintets (flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon and horn) will form the basis of this workshop.
In addition to chamber music and performance coaching, all participants will have master classes and private lessons with the teacher of their respective instrument. This also includes workshops on various topics, such as: auditions, professional life, career options, musician’s health, and more.
This is a golden opportunity to evolve in a community that listens to your needs.
- Stéphane Lévesque (Bassoon and coordinator, June 11 to 17 – June 18 to 24)
- James Campbell (Clarinet, June 11 to 17)
- Denise Tryon (Horn, June 11 to 17)
- Erin Hannigan (Oboe, June 18 to 24)
- Kelly Zimba Lukić (Flute, June 18 to 24)
In addition to the above, the workshop also includes:
- Chamber music and performance coaching
- Master class and private lessons
- Opportunities to participate in one or more student concerts
- Networking activities with fellow musicians and faculty members
- Access to conferences presented by musicians and guests from various backgrounds on topics related to a musician’s career such as mental health, technique, finances, psychology, physical fitness, and more
- Accommodations in one of our two artist residences
- Three meals a day, as well as full access to the kitchen and common areas
- Practice studios equipped with pianos (available 6 AM-11 PM)
- Housekeeping, laundry (for a fee), parking, and free WiFi
- Free tickets to live performances in the Gilles-Lefebvre Concert Hall (subject to availability)
- The opportunity to explore the beautiful Mont-Orford National Park, Lake Memphremagog, as well as access to activities in Magog.
Please note that all Covid-19 regulations set forth by the Gouvernement du Québec will be rigorously followed.