This class is intended for singers and pianists looking to perfect the art of recital and wishing to deepen their interpretation of French melody and German lieder.
The instruction includes master classes in duos as well as private lessons. Participants will have the opportunity to play or sing for the instructors every day, in addition to performing in a concert at the end of each week of the workshop. The repertoire will be determined with each duo shortly after the confirmation of their stay.
At the time of registration, you must indicate who is part of your duo.
While registration as a duo is strongly recommended, individual registrations are accepted.
Francis Perron’s wide experience as a chamber musician, accompanist and vocal coach have made him a much sought-after collaborator. This led him to work closely with the Orchestre symphonique de Montréal, the Opéra de Montréal, the Orchestre symphonique de Québec, the Wienn Kammeroper, the Vienna, Zurich Winterfur and ARD Musik Wettwerb conservatories, the Salzburg Summer Academy, the Freiburg University, the Avignon International Violin Competition, the Fritx Kreisler International Violin Competition in Vienna, the Royaumont Festival and the Montreal International Music Competition, among others.
From the Tölzer Knabenchor as a boy alto soloist to singing at major concert halls, festivals and opera houses, German bass-baritone Christian Immler has spent many years making and recording music of the highest quality. He studied with Rudolf Piernay in London and won the International Nadia et Lili Boulanger Competition in Paris, launching his career. In concert, he has immersed himself in the works of Handel, Haydn, Mozart, Mendelssohn, Mahler and, particularly, Bach, appearing all over the world.
In addition to the above, the workshop also includes:
- Opportunities to participate in one or more student concerts
- Networking activities with fellow musicians and faculty members
- Access to conferences presented by musicians and guests from various backgrounds on topics related to a musician’s career such as mental health, technique, finances, psychology, physical fitness, and more
- Accommodations in one of our two artist residences
- Three meals a day, as well as full access to the kitchen and common areas
- Practice studios equipped with pianos (available 6 AM-11 PM)
- Housekeeping, laundry (for a fee), parking, and free WiFi
- Free tickets to live performances in the Gilles-Lefebvre Concert Hall (subject to availability)
- The opportunity to explore the beautiful Mont-Orford National Park, Lake Memphremagog, as well as access to activities in Magog
Please note that all Covid-19 regulations set forth by the Gouvernement du Québec will be rigorously followed.